I got this quote a while ago from my little sister. I read it soon after Elder Uchtdorf gave that great talk at the General Relief Society meeting on creating, so it had been on my mind. I just saw it again, and wanted to share it because I think it's so beautiful. I have always thought of myself as VERY creatively challenged, but this quote made me think of all the things I do create. It applies to everything from artwork to gardening, cooking to scrapbooking, building to blogging, and especially has to do with our families, including having children. I have realized that for me, one of the most important things I try to create is a peaceful home environment, and that makes me kind of creative. :) Here is the quote:
The reason we create is not for the praise of others,
but because we love something so much
we want to see it exist.
I love that quote too. It gives me goosebumps. and you are to crafty...you busted out that necklace at craft night like a pro!
ReplyDeleteGood quote - and awesome blog. Jill and I love reading it and looking at the pics...makes me wish we lived in UT so we could see you guys more. But I do like my summer days with highs in the 70's. :-)
ReplyDelete