Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Five White Shirts

The other day, as I was ironing the usual weekly clothes, the scene before my eyes struck me. I was feeling pretty emotional as I took this picture of the five clean, white, pressed shirts draped across the back of my couch. This is just another day of ironing, but represents much more than that to me. I have 5 boys whom I love very much. I want to teach them to be clean, to love the Lord and the Sabbath day. In order to accomplish this, we stay in our church clothes all day each Sunday. This means that every week the shirts get dirty and I have to wash and iron them all (plus Scott's clothes) every week. But when I think about the significance of these shirts and what they mean to my future missionaries, I am more than happy to iron five white shirts each week!


2 comments: