Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kim's Trip

So Scott, his dad, and our boys are on their annual National Parks Boys Trip.  This year, though, the parks were so much farther away, that they will be gone 12 days.  Now a few days alone for me is a nice break and a chance to get a lot done, but 12 days is too long.  So, we decided I would fly up to Seattle and meet them in the middle for a few days.  As I am posting this, they boys are still gone, but my trip is over, and so I will give you my version first, and add their trip later.  The views out of the airplane were amazing!  I think this is Mount Ranier (or Hood), I can't remember which one was in this picture.
We spent the day on Monday in Seattle, with Scott and my boys, my sisters Melanie and Heidi, who flew up and met me there, and my brother Jonny and his son, Dallin, who live in the Seattle area.  Dallin, who held the map and was our "leader", kept holding Britton's hand.  It was so cute!
So, this is the only picture I have from the Space Needle.  I guess Scott took all of those pictures on his camera.  But, nevertheless, you get to see Bo playing with his gummi bears at the top of the Space Needle.
Yes, Boston is getting very loooong.  These balls are outside of the Space Needle, which, even though I've been there before, I never realized it was built just for show.  No function.  Just to impress people at a World's Fair.  The weather was beautiful.  I went from about 105 in St. George to about 65 in Seattle.  It was downright chilly.
The next day, Melanie, Heidi and I took a Clipper Ship over to Victoria, British Columbia.  It was a great day (except for the whole boat thing, because I'm always sick on boats). 
We visited downtown Victoria, which is absolutely beautiful.  Here we are in front of the beautiful, historic Parliament building.
Loved the bush grown and trimmed to look like an orca riding a wave.  Very fun!
And, of course, the highlight of Victoria is the Butchart Gardens.  I have been here a couple of times before, but they were both in the fall.  It was absolutely glorious in the summer!  Here is Melanie in front of the Sunken Garden.
The rest of these pictures are just of different flowers and views at the Gardens.  I just had to put in a few because it is all so amazingly beautiful.







The last day, we went to downtown Seattle and shopped and ate lunch, and then it was off to the airport again for our return trips home.  I  had another amazing view of this mountain from the air.  Pretty cool, huh? 
Thanks Mel and Heidi for meeting me in Seattle.  It was so much fun!  I hope you can come next time, Becky (and Jill, Marcie, Michelle, Mom....)

1 comment:

  1. Aww! You're making me so nostalgic for Seattle!!!! I love that city!

    ReplyDelete